Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Endurance Sport = Life

Without a doubt my training life is one of the more important aspects of my world. One of the things I love about my sporting world is that I only get out of it what I put into it. Work harder, work smarter, improve performance. The formula isn't always this easy, but in general I know that if I put more into my training, I typically have more joy and satisfaction in my world!

Just as in life, my goals and priorities are not your goals and priorities.  Please do not compare your training to mine, or to anyone elses. Just as in life we are different creatures with different needs. Training "correctly" is a delicate balance between art and science, this is the line I try to carefully walk as a coach (and endurance athlete).

I'm not interested in waiting any longer...time to get rolling again!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, Coach! I have found that like triathlon, writing is about the process more than the outcome. Many of my posts finish far differently than they begin, and between comes much untangling and meaning-making. Like triathlon, people don't see the beginning and middle, only the ends. You've been an essential part of the beginning, middle, and end parts for me, allowing me to share my fears, frustrations, victories, and eye-openers!

    I feel certain you will bounce back from this with new arrows in your quiver!!

    ReplyDelete